Thursday, July 23, 2009

Miss. But Could be a Hit. Vingenzo's

First, the good. The decor. The exposed ceilings, tile flooring and cozy lighting are a welcome change to downtown Woodstock. A lot of thought was put into the atmosphere. Freshly prepared. The meals are freshly prepared, which limits the menu a bit, but it's a good selling point.

The bad. In all fairness, I have not eaten dinner here, only lunch, so my experience is not well rounded. With that said, I found it to be a bit pricey and not really worth the price. I went for lunch, ordered an arugula salad. It was $9. For $9, I expected a fairly decent sized salad with perhaps some salad-typical vegetables (tomatoes, onions, etc.). What I got was a dinner-sized salad with a few olives. Albeit, it was good, but I left hungry and felt the need to do a drive-thru run.

I've "heard" the pizza is very good, and I've "heard" the pasta is as well. If you can turn this Miss into a Hit, please give it a try.
http://www.vingenzos.com/

1 comment:

Chelle said...

I agree, my roasted vegetable panini had good flavor but had no cheese and needed to be grilled. I also had to help myself to a glass of water.